Where to find 25w small base light bulb?

I have looked and looked at all online incandescent light bulb sellers that pop up in Google, have gone to Home Depot and Lowe's, Wal-Mart and K-Mart, etc., but have been unable to find a 25-watt small base incandescent light bulb I need. All I find are either 10 or 15-watt small base or 25-watt intermediate (or medium) base. I help out a small local theater group and the bulbs are needed for the make-up mirrors that are installed in their dressing rooms. Anything smaller than

25-watts just won't do. Too dark.

All the mirrors we installed originally came with the 25w bulbs and have been, up to now, easily replaced. The last time I had to buy some I didn't have any problems, for the bulbs were easily available at all the DIY stores. Never a question. This time, however, it seems that this wattage is no longer being made, or at least easily available, for small base bulbs (??).

Does anyone have a clue?

Reply to
Paul R

I can think of at least 5 different bases that I can get 25 watt bulbs in. What do you need? Candelabra? or just an standard "A" lamp base? or mini base?

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
Phisherman

Try in the appliance bulb section. Just bought one last week at Lowe's for my clothes washer; 25 W with candelabra base. Didn't find them at Walmart either!

Reply to
jhill

Shop around the hardware stores. I can usually find candelabra base bulbs in 25, 40 and 60 watts at hardware stores. You may have to say the words "candelabra base" for web searching. There are two other similar-size small base sizes, miniature (mostly low voltage ones such as some bulbs for battery powered lanterns, a few flashlight bulbs and some indicator lamps) and miniature-candelabra ("mini-can", less common in the USA, used for a few halogen lamps). "Chandalier bulbs" and "night light bulbs" in the USA have the base size known as "candelabra".

Also, please do not call the intermediate base "medium" - "medium" is the same size that is also called "edison", about 1 inch in diameter. There are in the USA two larger sizes: Mogul (about 1.5 inches in diameter) and a less common one called "admedium", slightly larger than "medium" and used on some mercury vapor lamps. Intermediate and medium are different base sizes - at least in the USA.

Don Klipstein

Check HD and Lowe's again. Only this time, look BEHIND the racks of whatever wattages you do find. They'll re-stock all of the same wattage on every peg with a bulb that looks the same in every respect except for the actual wattage.

I have 16 of those theater-style "golf-ball" bulbs, candelabra base around one of my bathroom mirrors. No problem getting them at HD in 15, 25, and 40 watt versions. In either clear or frosted.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Say WHAT?!?!?! The winner of this week's most meaningless sentence award:

Reply to
curmudgeon

Is "candelabra" considered the same as "small" screw-in base or does it refer to the shape of the bulb?

The bulbs I'm looking for are of the same size and bulb shape as the screw-in types that fit the standard plug-in nitelight, except the nitelight comes with the smaller wattage bulb. Mini-base just sounds like the type that would go into a flashlight. Not sure what "A" lamp base is.

Reply to
Paul R

Thanks, Don. It sounds like the "candelabra" refers to the same size as what I considered to be "small," which fits in the common variety plug-in nightlights available everywhee here in the US.

Reply to
Paul R

Correct!

Don Klipstein

OK let me re-phrase. No, there is not enough time, let me re-cap...

Say there's 12 "pegs" of these candalabra "golfball" bulbs...

The top row of 4 across are supposed to be the 15 watt versions. The middle row, 25 watt versions, and the bottom row, 40 watt versions.

What happens is, they open a case of 15 watt versions and "fill in" ALL of the pegs with the same wattage -because whoever is doing it doesn't notice any difference.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

replying to HA HA Budys Here, Nick R. Yokanovich wrote: This page is 12 years old and no longer useful

Reply to
Nick R. Yokanovich

Well numbskull Nick, when HA HA Budys replied it WAS a viable thread. The thread originated in October 2004 and HA HA replied in October 2004 whereas you, illiterate dunce, drug the thread to the forefront to look like an idiot.

Another clueless twit from HomeMoaners strikes again.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I finally figured it out, and there's a solution. Everyone on this newsgroup needs to use "homeownershub.com" as part of their nym. Examples: snipped-for-privacy@homeownershub.com snipped-for-privacy@homeownershub.com snipped-for-privacy@homeownershub.com snipped-for-privacy@homeownershub.com

and so on.....

The assholes at homeownershub.com want to abuse this newsgroup, lets abuse homeownershub.com.

Reply to
Paintedcow