What to do with dead squirrel?

So many false assumptions... except for the one about my shoe size.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Bury it. Why would you consider doing anything else? It's free nutrients.

Reply to
FarmI

dead birds, animals etc round my place go in to a shallow hole or even under some thick mulch and help my trees grow. 2 cats I recently buried have a couple of shrubs growing over them now.

rob

Reply to
George.com

ng

Hey, my mama didn't raise any fools. I am not about to give that to her, I value my life too much. Now, should I tell you about the little green frog that she keeps on the tank as well? There are real advantages to standing when you pee!

Reply to
BobR

ng

Another fun one is to put a ruler in the water with one end under the front of the seat. When someone sets down the ruler pops up and splashes at them.

Don=92t ask me how I know.

;-)

Reply to
CanopyCo

king

They are a totem to protect the person owning them from invasion from the animal that it represents. ;-)

Try replacing the frog with a plastic frog and tie it to the seat so that when she sets down it jumps at her from behind.

I have one that I got from the garden store that is rubber and is about the size of a big bull frog.

People are starting to get used to seeing it jump out at them around here. I think I need a plastic snake. ;-)

Reply to
CanopyCo

king

You either don't do this at home or have a serious death wish.

Reply to
BobR

Freeze the squirrel in dry ice it and send it to Tibet where it will will be feed to large vultures.

Very good Karma.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

ooking

I don't need to do that because that is almost exactly what happened. We lived in a neighborhood that was cut out of dense forest and tree frogs were very plentiful. They would show up all over the place. One night my wife got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. There was a small night light in the bathroom so she didn't turn on the overhead light and sit down on the toilet. A few seconds later, she woke the entire house with a ear piercing scream. A small tree frog had come through the sewer line and hidden under the rim of the toilet. When she sit down and started her thing, it apparently decided to jump and landed on her bottom. The VERY NEXT MORNING I had to skip work and get some wire screens to put over the sewer vents. About a week later, the little plastic frog showed up on the back of the tank. At least she does have a sense of humor about the event.

I don't know where your "around here" is but it sure isn't around my wife or you might not be alive too long.

Reply to
BobR

BobR wrote: (snip)

Ugh- talking about tree frogs brings up a gross memory, but at least it was outside my domicile. Lived in apartments awhile back, and had an old beater minivan I used as a hauling vehicle. Went out to start it up one day, after not having used it in awhile. There was a dead tree frog, baked onto the drivers door near the mirror. As best as I can figure, the poor thing jumped up on there to enjoy the sunshine, and had gotten stuck because the metal was so hot it immediately cooked his skin right to it. It was hard to clean off, holding one hand over my mouth to avoid gagging. (Yes, I am pretty squeamish about dead stuff. My head knows better, but my stomach says otherwise.)

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

looking

Just a little something about tree frogs. I used to keep one in the house as a pet. They will come into the house by way of the front door next to the door light. They hang out there hunting bugs, and sometimes jump into the house to explore a new hunting ground. Then when they start drying out, they go to the best water source that they can find. The toilet, due to it=92s large pool size and the fact that it is not used as much as the sink and is not visible from where the people hang out.

Thus, the screen may not solve the problem.

;-)

I live alone, in Tulsa Oklahoma area. Can=92t imagine why. ;-)

Reply to
CanopyCo

'm looking

SHHHHHHH, don't you ever tell my wife that.

I don't know how my wife does it but she finds every little critter that manages to get into the house. Not only does she spot every tree frong but those little lizards that manage to slip in are in great danger from her. Where we live now there are no tree frogs but the small almost clear baby lizards get in all the time and she finds every last one of them. She finds and I have to remove because she won't touch them...even the little baby ones.

I can't imagine why either. What's with these women that can't take a joke?

Reply to
BobR

SHHHHHHH, don't you ever tell my wife that.

I don't know how my wife does it but she finds every little critter that manages to get into the house. Not only does she spot every tree frong but those little lizards that manage to slip in are in great danger from her. Where we live now there are no tree frogs but the small almost clear baby lizards get in all the time and she finds every last one of them. She finds and I have to remove because she won't touch them...even the little baby ones.

Reply to
charlie

After reading scores of posts I decided this is the best idea. However, before that ever happened I put the frozen corpse in the trash. Next time.

Dan

PS It could have gone under one of my plum trees.

Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net

Reply to
Anonymous

A real man would cook it and eat it. A redneck would eat it raw. You must be either a yuppie or gay.

Reply to
ducktape.paradise

What? That's what I do, and I fish with the maggots.

Reply to
TimR

Tell you what, the next one that I find I will send it to you for supper.

Reply to
BobR

I leave dead rodents on top of stumps around my property for raptors. I left a dead squirrel there once, but apparently squirrel wasn't popular that week. It rotted, and I had to take a shovel and finally bury it . EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB