TV wall mount and apartment wall

Hello

I'm planning on purchasing 14" TV and a wall mount to attach it to the wall facing my treadmill.

The walls of the apartment appear to be so flimsy, I'm afraid that when I place the TV on the wall mount, I might just pull a large chunk of the wall out.

Is that fear justified ? I'm sure tons of people must have used wall mounts on apartment walls, isn't it ?

Thanks.

Reply to
FitnessFreak

Why ask here , ask your lanlord

Reply to
m Ransley

Yes, if the mounting isn't done correctly.

Can't speak to that, but I can say that most any wall will hold a 14, if mounted properly.

Reply to
Mark

OR WORSE !!!!!!! The whole wall could fall, and then the whole building will collapse. I'd get a 3 inch tv. The walls should hold that ok, as long as you use lots of duct tape on the outside of the building. What you do is wrap the whole building in duct tape. That will insure the walls dont fall outward.

Reply to
balls

in other words

you weigh a ton therefore you use a treadmill

hang the bracket centered on a stud (unlike yourself)

where is that little bastard of mine..............AAAAAAJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ.

your mother wants you to stop by for Xmas (Maurie) don't forget to bring the Rupplemint.

and leave those nice little orphans alone....................newbies!

why .................you............little bastard.

has anyone seen my long lost................and I mean LOST, little bastard.

Reply to
AJ's Daddy

If that is the case, I would not bring any TV in the house. You already weigh too much for that building to handle. The weight of the TV combined with yours could cause building failure and disaster.

I'd consult with local building inspectors to see if your apartment is approved to handle your weight load........

He was not referring to your spouse when he said "STUD".

Reply to
me