Needed - 250,000 Amp Main Breaker

I'm developing a magnetic neutralizer. It's purpose is to neutralize the magnetic forces of the earth, or in other words, remove gravity. The object is to allow a person to transport themselves, or other physical objects, to other places, without the need for vehicles. The person or object is turned to magnetic pulses, transported, and upon arrival at the destination, the process is reversed, and they are once again as they were before the process.

To operate this huge electro-magnet, I need at least 250,000 Amps 3 phase, 415 Volt Service to my home. I cant seem to find any main breakers that large. Where can I get one?

Also, the power company said they do not have any transformers that can handle this load. Where can I buy the transformers?

Reply to
mad_professor

I think this site can help you.

Sanity

If you wrere a mad professor you'd know that gravity and electromagnetic are two different attractors. Try to come up with a less flawed idea.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

You had a bad dream? ww

Reply to
WW

Here's our poster:

I'd hate to be the father having to pay for this one's education.

Reply to
Frank

Other than that elsewhere it's been pointed out that magnetism and gravity are different forces, I think somebody else already beat you to the device. Let me think....oh, yes, "Diet" somebody

--

Reply to
dpb

Hmmm, Would you kindly show us how you arrived at that figure, 250KAmp? Let's see you have basic math skills.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tesla got his power free from the power company. Tell them you are making a death ray and maybe they will hook you up.

Reply to
Metspitzer

Your needs are just under 104 megawatts, I think you will have to build your own power plant for this application. Possibly you can find a junked nuclear aircraft carrier. No commercial power company is going to tolerate you switching

104 mmwatts off and on willy nilly. Once your power plant is built, you can switch the primary side ahead of the transformers.

I would also recommend that you have the electromagnet wound to a much higher voltage than 415, this will help keep the current levels and size down to a more managable level.

basilisk

basilisk.

Reply to
basilisk

mad snipped-for-privacy@directsource.com wrote the following:

Harbor Freight $39.95.

Reply to
willshak

B.S. A real mad scientist wouldn't use a circuit breaker (or fuses or any other overcurrent protection)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Home Depot. I was just there. They are back in Electrical, and are $19.97.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You better be real careful with this thing. If the magnetic force is too strong, it's suck all the metal plumbing, metal electrical boxes, metal pots and pans, and everything else metal out of your house, and every other house for miles. Not only will you have a massive lawsuit on your hands, but think what happens when all this stuff comes crashing into your house. What if the neighbors car smashes into your house? Plus any other car driving down your street. And what about the breaker box you use for this thing. Is is metal too? Think about what would happen if that 250K Amp box shorted against your giant magnet.

If you live in a rural area, you might kill a bunch of cows. Farmers make cows eat cow magnets. I have no idea why, but they do. Your electro-magnet will rip these cow magnets out of the cows and likely kill the cows. And what about people with metal body parts, like metal bone repair devices. They will be badly injured or killed. I'm sure you have a stove and refrigerator and washmachine. Think what happens when they come sailing toward you. And what about your furnace, and that steel girder that holds your house up. You might have a complete collapse of everything around you an be buried in all the rubble, while sparks fly everywhere and the power company is forced to shut down the entire county, which means all the people on life support in hospitals will die. Then consider freeway bridges. They have metal support beams and rebar in the concrete. Another disaster. Even whole sections of highway with rebar may smash into your house leaving no highways anywhere for miles.

If you live near the ocean, you might pull ships out of the water, or pull planes out of the air. Skyscrapers with metal rebar will collapse, and the list goes on. All of this will crash into you.... Where your home stands now, could become a giant pile of rubble as large as a mountain, with YOU buried underneath.

Do you really want to cause a massive disaster in your state?

What you're doing is extremely dangerous. You need to get the professionals to evaluate what you're doing. Contact the EPA, The Air Force, the Navy, NASA, maybe evne the National Guard and the FBI, and others. Then think of the cost. I'm not sure if I'm figuring this correctly, but to calculate the cost of electricity, at 10cents a KWH, that would be $25,000 for one hour of use. You can buy several years worth of gasoline for that money. It might make more sense to just transport stuff the old fashioned way. By car, truck, train, plane, etc. If you really dont want to buy gas, use a horse drawn vehicle. The Amish will invite you for a free dinner, and your wont have caused a disaster.

Think about this !!!! Consider getting psychiatric help too....

Reply to
mister_friendly

On 5/22/2010 2:24 AM mad snipped-for-privacy@directsource.com spake thus:

I know you can get 100-amp breakers almost anywhere, so lessee: that would be 2,500 of them in parallel. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 5/22/2010 12:02 PM zxcvbob spake thus:

Right. Just one big honkin' knife switch (operated by a geared-down diesel engine).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Just wind your own damn transformer. The breaker is just a safety measure, you can built it without a breaker.

Reply to
RickH

Well you learn something new every day...

Everyone thinks of the great scene of cows out grazing in a beautiful pasture. Cows eat grass and have a really amazing multicompartmental stomach that allows them to be productive on this food source. The bottom front part of this stomach lies against the diaphragm and the heart.

Unfortunately, sometimes these beautiful pastures, or the barns where cows also live, can have old pieces of wire fences, nails, bits of discarded cans, etc.

In her grazing, a cow might accidently ingest a piece of metal. This drops to the bottom front of her stomach. Through all the powerful churning of her digestive system as the grass is digested, these pieces of metal can work themselves through the wall of the stomach and into her lungs or heart. Leaking digestive juices can cause infections that can be fatal to the cow.

But for scores of years, veterinarians and farmers have known that if you have a cow swallow a large smooth magnet, the magnet will also fall to the bottom front of her stomach. It will remain here, often for years, and attract the pieces of metal so that they do not penetrate the stomach wall. It is not foolproof, so it is also important to make sure that there is not a lot of metal lying around. But having seen old magnets taken from cows that died of other things, there is sometimes an amazing number of dangerous looking metal objects trapped on the magnet.

Reply to
RickH

mad snipped-for-privacy@directsource.com posted for all of us...

How much money ya got? I have some here.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Be sure to buy all 2500 of them (plus spares) at one time. Otherwise differences between manufacturing lots can cause serious runaway problems.

Reply to
Harry L
[snip]

[snip]

All this metal will add to the local gravity. Your mass could start attracting non-metallic objects (including watermelons, other people, and major deciduous forests). You now have a runaway condition: the more stuff gets pulled in the stronger the gravity gets.

Reply to
Harry L